Friday, February 7, 2014

HELLO MY NAME IS PAUL SMITH

Exhibition at the Design Museum based on the life and work of British fashion designer and legend Sir Paul Smith. 
(15 November 2013 – 22 June 2014)



Ever since watching this video of a lecture given by Paul Smith I have been a big fan, I've never massively loved his designs but his work ethos is inspirational and I love the way he works as a designer. "Beach hut - sweater " hehe.

Paul Smith was never trained and learnt everything from his wife Pauline. He started his career off in a 3m x 3m windowless shop and with lots of hard work turned it into a fashion empire. 

Check the video out: Talk by Paul Smith

Another thing I love about Paul Smith - he is MESSY, yay this makes me feel so much better about being such an untidy designer and never throwing anything away. 





The best part of this day I MET PAUL SMITH
He was lovely, everything you would hope a designer would be 
(a normal down to earth person)


Great piece of advice from Paul Smith "Don't assume"

All my own images

This was the same face I pulled after meeting Paul 

Another great thing about this exhibition, you can take photos! Such a rarity these days, thank you Design Museum.

Such a brilliant day out, I really recommend you check it out http://designmuseum.org/exhibitions/2013/paul-smith

(extended till June 22nd 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment